Thank you for visiting our site.
- our Regular Terms and the applicable Related Terms shall also apply to your use of our particular services through our site, including the submission of membership applications and the registration and attendance at our events.
We are a UK registered charity under registered charity no. 277825, and also a company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales under company number 5866899. Our registered office is at 36 Cambridge Place, Hills Road, Cambridge CB21NS.
Changes to these Terms
Please check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we have made, as they are binding on you.
The information contained on our site has been prepared solely for the purpose of providing information about us and the services and resources we offer.
We may update our site and may change the content at any time. However, please note that although we make reasonable efforts to keep the content updated, any of the content on our site may be out of date at any given time. Similarly, whilst we endeavour to ensure that the information contained on our site is accurate, we do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
If you are unsure about any of the content on our site, please do not hesitate to contact us at .Top
We will do our best to make our site available, however we cannot guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis. We may need to suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our site without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our site.
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may not use or copy any part of our site, including any material from our site, without an appropriate licence from us or our licensors, other than temporarily in the course of using our site or to keep a record of a transaction entered into using our site.Top
The content on our site is provided on an “as is” basis and for general information only. Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
Your use of the information contained on our site or any downloadable item is at your own risk.Top
Where you choose or you are provided with, a username and password for the purpose of accessing materials through our membership portal, you must treat such login details as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your username or password, you must promptly notify us at .Top
Despite our reasonable efforts, we do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you may commit an offence in law, including under the Computer Misuse Act 1990.
We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.Top
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
We ask that you do not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists, and you must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you.
Our site must also not be framed on any other website without our consent.
We reserve the right to reasonably withdraw linking permission without notice.
If you wish to make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, or if you have any queries in relation to linking to our site, please contact .Top
Our site may use links to other websites (including to give effect to services that we may from time to time provide). We aim to make these links clear, so that you know when you have left our site.
Please be aware that other sites are owned and run by third-parties and we have no control over the contents of those sites or resources. If you agree to purchase services offered on or through such third party websites, any agreement will be entirely between you and the third party; we will not be involved in, or have any responsibility under, those agreements.Top
We may from time to time provide interactive discussions on our site or provide features that allow you to upload content to our site.
You agree to comply with the following standards, and you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of such contribution.
Any content you upload to our site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You retain all of your ownership rights in your content, but you are required to grant us and other users of our site a perpetual, payment free, worldwide licence to use, store and copy that content and to distribute and make it available to third parties.
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who may claim that any content posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or their right to privacy.
We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any content posted by you or any other user of our site.
You are solely responsible for securing and backing up your content.Top
You must not post and/or transmit to or from our site any material:
- of a threatening, defamatory, profane, offensive, pornographic, obscene, indecent, abusive, racially invective, discriminatory, scandalous, inflammatory or private nature; or any material in breach of confidence and/or which may be detrimental to our reputation or to the reputation of any third party; or material which may cause annoyance or inconvenience;
- that is unsolicited and/or unauthorised (including but not limited to any commercial materials, marketing items, junk mail, spam etc);
- that you do not own or have not obtained all necessary consents, licences and/or approvals; or where you have disguised or attempted to disguise the original content;
- that is contrary to and/or infringes the rights of any third party;
- that is or might be technically harmful or intrusive (including without limitation viruses, logic bombs, spyware, Trojan horses, worms and/or destructive code).
By using any part of our site you must not:
- impersonate any person or entity, falsely state or otherwise make misrepresentations regarding persons, entities or affiliations of any nature whatsoever;
- promote any illegal activity or use our site in a way which would breach any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- harass, attack, abuse and/or threaten another;
- collect or store personal data about other users.
We will determine, in our discretion, whether the standards set out above have been breached and we may take such action as we deem appropriate. Failure to comply the standards outlined above may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
- immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site;
- immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our site;
- issue of a warning to you;
- legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach;
- further legal action against you;
- disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary;
- immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to attend the event registered for.
Subject always to the foregoing:
- To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our site or any content on it, whether express or implied.
- We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our site; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
- If you are a business user, please note that in particular, we will not be liable for:
- direct or indirect loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- If you are a consumer user, please note that we only provide our site for private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any direct or indirect loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
- We assume no responsibility for the content of websites or other materials linked on our site. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of or linking to them.
- You acknowledge that we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our site, or any content or materials posted and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
Transactions Undertaken via our site – Terms & Conditions
In entering into any transaction using our site you do so on the basis of the terms and conditions of each transaction type which are made up of the Related Terms (for example “Membership Applications - Related Terms”) and the Regular Terms set out below. Please note that more than one set of Related Terms may apply to a single transaction (e.g. where you register for a British Association for Psychopharmacology event) and where this is the case you will be entering into a distinct contract for each transaction type.
The completion of any application for membership, registration for any event, subscription to any journals, application for any education services including bursaries and grants or any services provided via our site (individually or collectively hereinafter “Services”) indicates your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. We will treat each transaction as an offer by you to purchase such Services, subject to these Terms and Conditions. These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights.Top
The word “Terms” hereafter refers to the Related Terms together with these Regular Terms.
Amendments to the Terms
We reserve the right to make changes to our policies and/or these Terms at any time. You will be subject to the policies and Terms in force at the time that you use our site and/or you enter into any transaction with us, unless any change to those policies or these Terms is required to be made by law (in which case the changes will apply retrospectively). If any of these Terms are for any reason unenforceable, that provision will be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision and the remainder of the agreement shall continue in effect, without affecting the validity and enforceability of any remaining term.
Events beyond our reasonable control
Without affecting your statutory rights, we will not be held responsible for any delay or failure to comply with our obligations under these Terms if the delay or failure arises from any cause which is beyond our reasonable control.
We reserve the right to refuse to provide any of the Services and/or refuse admission to any event or scientific meeting, at our absolute discretion.
Warranty by you
You warrant that you possess the legal authority to enter into any transaction through our site (including instructing us to collect any payments from a payment card or billing account) and to use our site in accordance with the Terms. You agree to be financially responsible for all transactions you undertake through your use of our site as well as for use of your account or log in by others.
If we provide you with any username and/or password, you agree that they are personal to you and you may not share them with and/or transfer them to any third party. You are solely responsible for the security of any user name and/or password and you shall immediately notify us if you are aware of any breach.Top
Limitation of Liability
Other than liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence, we, our employees and/ or agents shall not be liable for any loss or damage, direct or indirect, howsoever arising out of or in connection with our relationship with you to the extent permitted by law.
In the event that the above exclusion of liability is not effective, our maximum aggregate liability (save in respect of death or personal injury resulting from our negligence) shall be the amount paid by the claimant to us in respect of the transaction out of which the claim against us arose.
Currency of Transactions
All prices quoted are in pounds sterling, unless otherwise stated.
When you place an order for any Service through our site, this will be an offer by you to purchase the Service displayed in your order form. Payment will be taken from your payment card when your order is completed successfully online. Acceptance of your order and the completion of our contract for the sale of the Service will take place on the confirmation (written or electronic) to you of completion of the transaction.
We use a secure, encrypted third-party payment terminal for transactions via our site and no credit or debit card details are stored, received by, made known to or held by us. If you chose to pay for a transaction directly via us (for example by providing your payment details to a member of staff over the telephone), the credit or debit card details will be input to the same third-party payment terminal and then securely destroyed.
These Terms constitute the only agreement between you and us in respect of the relevant transaction and a printed or electronic version of the Terms shall be admissible in legal or other proceedings relating to these Terms.
Third Party Rights
None of the Terms shall be enforceable under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 by a party other than you or us.
Applications for membership are received by us in good faith and are subject to a vetting process. As such each application and any related membership subscription will be acknowledged by us on completion of the online process and completion of the membership process will be subject to further written confirmation. In the event that for any reason an application is unsuccessful, any membership and /or journal subscription will be repaid by us immediately in full and related paperwork will be securely destroyed following processing.
The BAP membership year runs from 1st March. Membership subscriptions are renewable annually on 1st March and we reserve the right, without notice, to expunge those memberships where renewal subscriptions remain unpaid for a period of four months. In the event that a payment is rejected by any bank or credit card company then the membership will be suspended until valid payment of the membership fee is received by us. If valid payment is not received then membership will be terminated. Any such termination may be backdated to the date when the rejected payment fell due.
Individuals joining the British Association for Psychopharmacology during the year will pay a pro-rata rate of subscription up to 1st March of the following year.
Registrations will be subject to an approval process and, on completion of online registration, a confirmation will be sent by email which should be printed and carefully retained. If for any reason a registration is declined by the British Association for Psychopharmacology, any online payment made will be refunded immediately and in full.
Where specified in the information about a meeting or other event, a late registration fee will be applied for late registrations.
To be entitled to a refund, cancellations must be received, in writing, 30 days prior to the course date.
BAP is not responsible for problems beyond our control, such as adverse weather conditions and/or cancellation of public transport. No refunds will be given in these circumstances.
On arrival at any event, the following may be required in order to validate a registration made via our site:
- a legible print-out of your registration confirmation. Failure to bring a print out with you may delay the admission process.
Resale of Event Registration
No event registration made through our site may be resold or transferred without our prior written consent. If any person attempts to enter an event with a registration that has been resold or transferred without our written consent, we may refuse entry and no compensation will be payable to that person by us.
Photography at British Association for Psychopharmacology
By attending our events and meetings, delegates consent to the taking of photographs and accept that these images may appear on our site and other British Association for Psychopharmacology publicity materials.
To contact us, please email .