2019 Summer Meeting, Manchester
14th July 2019 – 17th July 2019
Bursaries for BAP Post-Doctoral Members
Ten BAP bursaries will be available specifically for post-doctoral researchers attending the 2019 Summer Meeting in Manchester. To be eligible for a bursary, post-doctoral researchers are defined as clinical or non-clinical scientists who will have received their PhD (or equivalent terminal degree) no more than five years before the deadline for application. The closing date for applications will be 5 April 2019 and the following conditions apply:
- Bursaries are not available to those who received a bursary to attend the 2018 Summer meeting.
- Bursaries are only available to BAP Early Career / Full Members.
- BAP Membership must be in place by no later than 18 February 2019.
- Applicants who were in receipt of a bursary in 2017 must have had continuous, paid-up membership in 2018 in order to be eligible to apply for a bursary in 2019.
- Applicants must submit an abstract for the 2019 Summer Meeting and must check the appropriate box under the abstract submission form.
- The deadline for receipt of bursary application and abstract is 5 April 2019.
- No incomplete applications will be considered.
- No late applications will be considered.
Applicants will be notified with a decision by 1 May 2019. Bursaries will be awarded as follows:
- Registration fee for the Summer Meeting will be waived
- A maximum of £200 towards travel and accommodation will be reimbursed after the meeting upon submission of relevant receipts to the BAP Office
Bursary recipients are expected to join the team of meeting bloggers during the event.
The Abstract Review Panel will award the bursaries.
Bursary applicants should not complete a registration form until they have received a decision about their bursary.