2019 Summer Meeting, Manchester
14th July 2019 – 17th July 2019
Bursaries for BAP Training Members
The BAP Council welcomes its responsibility to support young scientists early in their career. 25 Training Member bursaries will be available to assist young scientists attending the 2019 Summer Meeting in Manchester. The closing date for applications will be 5 April 2019 and the following conditions apply:
- Bursaries are not available to those who received a bursary to attend the 2018 Summer Meeting in London.
- Bursaries are only available to BAP Training Members.
- BAP Membership must be in place by no later than 18 February 2019.
- Applicants who were in receipt of a bursary in 2017 must have had continuous, paid-up membership in 2018 in order to be eligible to apply for a bursary in 2019.
- Applicants must submit an abstract for the 2019 Summer Meeting and must check the appropriate box under the abstract submission form.
- An email of support must be sent from the applicant’s supervisor, summarising the work covered by the applicant and justifying the request for a bursary.
It is the responsibility of the applicant and their supervisor to ensure that the email of support is sent to at the BAP Office by the deadline of 5 April 2019.
- The deadline for receipt of bursary application, abstract and email of support is 5 April 2019.
- No incomplete applications will be considered.
- No late applications will be considered.
Applicants will be notified with a decision by 1 May 2019. Bursaries will be awarded as follows:
- Registration fee for the Summer Meeting will be waived
- A maximum of £200 towards travel and accommodation will be reimbursed after the meeting upon submission of relevant receipts to the BAP Office
Bursary recipients are expected to join the team of meeting bloggers during the event.
Bursary applicants should not complete a registration form until they have received a decision about their bursary.