2021 Summer Meeting, Manchester
18th July 2021 – 21st July 2021
Bursaries for BAP Training Members
The BAP Council welcomes its responsibility to support young scientists early in their career. 25 Training Member bursaries will be available to assist young scientists attending the 2021 Summer Meeting in Manchester. The closing date for applications will be 19th March 2021 and the following conditions apply:
- Bursaries are only available to BAP Training Members.
- BAP Membership must be applied for by no later than 18th February 2021.
- Applicants who were in receipt of a bursary in 2019 must have had continuous, paid-up membership in 2020 in order to be eligible to apply for a bursary in 2021.
- Applicants must submit an abstract for the 2021 Summer Meeting and must check the appropriate box under the abstract submission form.
- An email of support must be sent from the applicant’s supervisor, summarising the work covered by the applicant and justifying the request for a bursary.
It is the responsibility of the applicant and their supervisor to ensure that the email of support is sent to at the BAP Office by the deadline of 19th March 2021.
- The deadline for receipt of bursary application, abstract and email of support is 19th March 2021.
- No incomplete applications will be considered.
- No late applications will be considered.
Applicants will be notified with a decision by 1 May 2021. Bursaries will be awarded as follows:
- Registration fee for the Summer Meeting will be waived
- A maximum of £200 towards travel and accommodation will be reimbursed after the meeting upon submission of relevant receipts to the BAP Office
Bursary recipients are expected to join the team of meeting bloggers during the event.
Bursary applicants should not complete a registration form until they have received a decision about their bursary.