The British Association for Psychopharmacology (“we”, “our” or “us”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is the British Association for Psychopharmacology of 36 Cambridge Place, Hills Road, Cambridge CB21NS.We are a UK registered charity under registered charity no. 277825, and also a company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales under company number 5866899.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us. If you wish to benefit from any of the online services that we offer via our site and/or to register you may need to provide us with certain personal information. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register for membership, events, electronic newsletters, printed journals, educational services including grants and bursaries, forums or communities or any other services which we provide now or in the future and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph.
Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers and search information providers) and may receive information about you from them.Top
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We may use this information:
- to deal with your requests and/or enquiries;
- to carry out analysis, improve the quality of our services and ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to maintain our records for administrative purposes;
- to track use of web pages;
- to protect our site against unauthorised access;
- to comply with statutory and/or regulatory obligations;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about and to send you information that we believe may be of interest to you;
- to notify you about changes to our service.
Information we collect about you. We may use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).Top
We will not, unless otherwise stated, share your personal information with any third parties but if you choose to purchase any subscriptions, services or publications from us we will pass your personal information to a secure, third-party payment service provider and any such third party will require further information from you in order to process your payment.
If you subscribe to or request copies of our publications we may need to provide details of your name and address to third parties for the purpose of dispatch and distribution. This information will always be provided with a prohibition on use other than for the purpose for which it is specifically provided.Top
Our systems operate secure data networks protected by industry standard firewall and password protection systems. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. We periodically review our security and privacy policies and update them as necessary.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk.Top
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at .
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Please contact us at regarding this matter.