Annual Prizes and Awards
Lifetime Achievement Award
This is a major award, launched by BAP in 1998. It is presented annually to an individual in recognition of the following three criteria:
- Lifetime achievement in psychopharmacology with an international recognition of contribution and impact.
- Major contribution to British psychopharmacology (though the candidate does not have to be British).
- Support for, and contributions to, the British Association for Psychopharmacology
Criteria 1 and 2 are essential; criterion 3 is desirable. There are no age limits, nor regarding whether the person is still active in the field or retired.
- Those serving on BAP Council are not eligible. They will become eligible three years after leaving Council.
- Those currently serving on the BAP Governance Panel are not eligible.
- Self-nominations are not permitted.
In order to recommend someone for this award please send a brief description of the candidate’s achievements, no more than 100 words for each of the 3 criteria.
Suggestions are invited from any Full Member of BAP, with a brief description of how the candidate meets the three criteria. The deadline is 1 March. A detailed CV and publications list is not required. Suggestions are confidential, and the nominee should not be informed that they are being put forward for consideration.
The suggestions will be considered by a Lifetime Award Committee, comprising the Past President, President, President Elect, and the Nonclinical and Clinical Secretaries for External Affairs. The Committee will rank the suggested names, and present no more than two to Council for discussion at the March Council meeting. Both the Committee, and Council, will seek to reach consensus but, if none can be reached, a vote will be taken. Members of the Committee, or of Council, with any conflict of interest with a candidate will be excluded from the discussion and decision-making process.
The successful Awardee will be expected to attend the Summer meeting to receive their award, and give a short speech at the conference dinner.
Suggestions will only be considered for the year in which they have been submitted.
Suggestions should be sent to Susan Chandler.
The closing date is: 1st March 2019