Annual Prizes and Awards
Lifetime Achievement Award
This is a major award, launched by BAP in 1998. It is presented annually to an individual in recognition of the following three criteria:
- Lifetime achievement in psychopharmacology with an international recognition of contribution and impact.
- Major contribution to British psychopharmacology (though the candidate does not have to be British).
- Support for, and contributions to, the British Association for Psychopharmacology
Criteria 1 and 2 are essential; criterion 3 is desirable. There are no age limits, nor regarding whether the person is still active in the field or retired.
- Those serving on BAP Council are not eligible. They will become eligible three years after leaving Council.
- Those currently serving on the BAP Governance Panel are not eligible.
- Self-nominations are not permitted.
In order to recommend someone for this award please send a brief description of the candidate’s achievements, no more than 100 words for each of the 3 criteria.
We are pleased to announce that the winner of this year's Lifetime Achievement Award is:
Professor Guy Goodwin