This is a major award, launched by BAP in 1998. It is presented annually to
an individual in recognition of the following three criteria:
- Lifetime achievement in psychopharmacology with an international recognition
of contribution and impact.
- Major contribution to British psychopharmacology (though the candidate does not have to be British).
- Support for and contributions to the British Association for Psychopharmacology
Criteria 1 and 2 are essential; criterion 3 is desirable. There are no age limits, nor regarding whether the person is still active in the field or retired.
- Those serving on BAP Council are not eligible. They will become eligible three years after leaving Council.
- Those currently serving on the BAP Governance Panel are not eligible.