Annual Prizes and Awards
Hannah Steinberg BAP Conference Bursary
Launched in 2010 following a generous donation from Professor Hannah Steinberg, a founder member of the BAP, and The Wolfson Foundation. One bursary to be awarded each year to support attendance at the BAP Summer Meeting by a post-graduate student who is a Training Member of BAP.
The Honorary General Secretary will consider likely conflicts of interest and then delegate to a number of BAP Council Members who will review nominations for the various awards. Where a BAP Council Member is requested to review a prize in which a conflict of interest arises for them (e.g. a former PhD student has been nominated) they will excuse themselves from the process and another Council Member will be asked to replace them.
Whilst Council members are not prohibited from applying for prizes, the Honorary General Secretary additionally seeks the endorsement of one of the Presidents (current, immediate past or elect), according to their expertise, and who does not have a direct conflict of interest, before any such prize is awarded to a Council Member.
Applications should be made by email to by 29th March 2019 and the following conditions apply:
- BAP Membership must be in place by no later than 18 February 2019
- The applicant must be registered for a higher degree
- The applicant must have submitted an abstract for the 2019 meeting
- An email of support must be sent from the applicant’s supervisor. It will be the responsibility of the applicant and their supervisor to ensure that the email of support is sent to at the BAP Office by the deadline
- The deadline for receipt of applications is 29th March 2019
- No incomplete applications will be considered
- No late applications will be considered
The Hannah Steinberg Bursary will be awarded as follows:
- Registration fee for the main meeting will be waived
- A conference dinner ticket will be provided
- A maximum of £300 towards travel and accommodation will be reimbursed after the meeting upon submission of relevant receipts to the BAP Office
A sub-group comprising BAP Council Officers will review the applications.
The closing date is: 29th March 2019