BAP Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Statement
- The British Association for Psychopharmacology (BAP) has a mission to promote research and education in psychopharmacology and related areas. The membership of BAP brings together people in academia, health services, and industry.
- In its activities, BAP wants to ensure that equality of opportunity is provided to all of the membership regardless of gender, race, disability, age, sexuality or religion. We recognise that these areas intersect and are not the exclusive determinants of our identity,which is shaped by other characteristics, such as socio-economic status and geographical location.
- BAP values the diversity in its membership and aims to reflect this diversity across all of its activities.
- As a learned society, BAP has a responsibility to its membership to promote equality of opportunity and an inclusive environment across its activities and processes. This includes, but is not limited to, admission to membership, programming meetings, educational activities and applications for prizes and awards.
- This statement is intended to encourage and support the membership of BAP in continuing to develop a culture of inclusivity.