Applied Clinical Science Stream
- 1.5 days of science and CPD run in parallel with BAP Annual Summer Meetings
- Aimed at clinicians who have an interest in the cutting-edge science related to their prescribing.
- The theme for the stream will be a topical issue and will change each year.
- Provides 10-11 hours CPD subject to peer group approval.
The ACSS is designed for clinicians who are interested not only in obtaining CPD but also in the science underlying the prescribing they do and what therapeutic developments are coming over the horizon. In addition to lectures, there will be able opportunity for questions as well as interacting with the scientists driving psychopharmacology forward in the UK at the current time. Delegates are also encouraged to submit abstracts to the meeting describing case series and prescribing audits. The Royal College of Psychiatrists’ Psychopharmacology Committee will award two poster prizes. The ACSS is an integral part of the BAP Summer Meeting, which continues on the following Tuesday (with the Gala Dinner that evening), finishing at lunchtime on the Wednesday. Registration is available for the ACSS only, or for the full meeting, with preferential rates for BAP Members. The ACSS is of particular relevance to trainees, staff grade and consultant psychiatrists and mental health pharmacists.
Note: Unlike other BAP clinical education and training initiatives, there may be pharmaceutical or other company support or sponsorship of the BAP Summer Meeting, including the ACSS. All such support will be detailed in the programme and all chairs and speakers (as in all BAP Education events) will provide a declaration of interests.
- Material will include not only CPD but also new and exciting science likely to influence clinical practice in the next 5-10 years. Provides an opportunity to meet and interact with scientists progressing the field in the UK.
- Complements other BAP educational initiatives.